DISCLOSURE: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. WHICH MEANS IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THEM I GET A COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU.
It’s that time of year, where we start having a continuous supply of garden fresh vegetables. Whether you grow your own vegetables, buy from a farmer’s market or buy from the grocery store. This is the best time to eat fresh vegetables and to bake with them!
Zucchini is a summer squash of Mesoamerican origin. It can grow up to 1 metre in length but is often harvested when small. It is treated as a vegetable but botanically it is a fruit or botanical berry. It usually comes in yellow or green.
Last year I had 1 unique plant grow zucchinis that were part yellow and part green zucchinis! Not sure if 2 seeds germinated into one plant or what really happened. It was just pretty cool!
I love zucchini! Some of my favorite ways of using it are in stir-fries, barbecuing, baked in oven with cheese, spiralized with meat sauce (see my Best Spiralizer here) and of course baked!
Some people love zucchini like me and some swear they hate it. I have shared my chocolate zucchini bread/cake with not only my kids but with co-workers too and most of them really like this Recipe.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Loaf pan
- Mixer or wooden spoon
- 1/2 cup Margarine/Butter
- 1 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Milk
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp Cocoa (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Chopped or Grated Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Chop or grate 2 cups of zucchini into bowl and put aside
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl
- Cream margarine, milk, and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs- one at a time and beat. Stir in vanilla and zucchini
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 40-45 minutes
I bet you will love this recipe and it will become one of your favorites! Don’t forget to save it, pin it and share it! 🙂