DISCLOSURE: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. WHICH MEANS IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH THEM I GET A COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU.
This is my 5th post out of the 5, I chose to do. I did this one with my earphones, phone and Spotify!
Where Am I At A Day in My Life MY 5 Favorite Things To Do An Interview of Someone I Admire Music Playlist Post
Music definition : vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion. Oxford Dictionary
I love music!
If your like me, you will understand that as soon as I get up I want music on. I usually put the radio on. It wakes me up, puts me in a happy mood, sometimes a sad one, but mostly it has a magic power of motivation for me. Now my husband is a full on TV guy. He watches SportsNet while he eats his breakfast (before work) or catches up on shows and news anytime of the day. I like TV too, but it doesn’t give me the same “feel good” vibe that music does and it certainly doesn’t motivate me… rather it makes me a “lump on a log” who doesn’t move until she has too.
Playlists…. are the best! I love my radio especially in my car that conveniently allows me to flip through my pre-programmed stations on my steering wheel on any whim I may have. I live in the country so a great radio station with perfect ‘tuning-in’ is unheard of out here. Some start out tuned in but if a breeze happens it becomes nothing but static.
I decided on subscribing to Spotify last year. You can use my link here to find it. (I am not an affiliate for Spotify, just love it!) I can make lists, play other people’s lists, play whole albums, one song on repeat, and search on a whim. I have many playlists.
So here are some of my favorites:
I call this one ARC Gym. While I am at work, I get a lot of requests from the people I support for a wide range of music. Guarantee they will ask for them again, so I started saving them in my library in Spotify. This is now one of my personal favorite mixes, my go-to especially when I just want to hit play and not touch it again! It is a really big variety of music! Here are the top 22 songs of it.
- Toto – Africa
- Billy Joel – Uptown Girl
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Eurythmics -Sweet Dreams
- Patty Smyth with Scandal – The Warrior
- The Beach Boys – Surfin’ USA
- Corey Heart – Sunglasses at Night
- Men at work – Down Under
- USA for Africa – We are the World
- Irene Cara – Flashdance – What a Feeling
- Ray Parker Jr. – Ghost busters
- The Rolling Stones – Beast of Burden
- Kiss- I was made for Lovin’ you
- Bryan Adams – Run to You
- Tears for Fears – Everyone wants to Rule the World
- Eagles- Take It Easy
- Def Leppard -Hysteria
- John Denver – Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Survivor- Eye of the Tiger
- Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
- Duran Duran – Hungry Like The Wolf
- Bon Jovi – It’s My Life
My current playlist is more of a ‘real’ ROCK collection:
- Lovelytheband – Broken
- Pop Evil – Be Legendary
- Godsmack – When Legends Rise
- The Glorious Sons – S.O.S.
- Three Days Grace – Infra-Red
- Slash, Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators
- Poison – Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Collective Soul – Right as Rain
- Our Lady Peace – Clumsy
- Disturbed – Are You Ready
- Shinedown – Devil
- Three Days Grace – The Mountain
- Three Days Grace – Right Left Wrong
- Godsmack – Unforgettable
- Imagine Dragons – Thunder
- Oasis – Wonderwall
- Rush – Subdivisions
- The Who – Pinball Wizard
- Red Rider – Lunatic Fringe
This one is for exercise. My Treadmill routine that I have not been doing but I have been listening to this mix when I am doing some stretching and simple exercise.
- Gotye – Somebody That I Used To Know
- Steppenwolf – Magic Carpet Ride
- Nickleback – Something in Your Mouth
- Scorpions – Rock You Like A Hurricane
- Pitbull, John Ryan – Fireball
- Powerman 5000 – Electric Avenue
- Steppenwolf – Born to be Wild
- Foreigner – Hot Blooded
- USS – Yin Yang
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- Sam Roberts – If You Want It
- Imagine Dragons – Thunder
- Queen – Another One Bites The Dust
- The Offspring – Come Out and Play
- Blur – Song 2
- Quiet Riot – Cum on Feel the Noise
- Van Halen – Jump
- Warrent – Cherry Pie
- Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
- Kiss – Rock and Roll All Night
- Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
So there you have it, my top 3 playlist of lately. Now that I have typed them all out I see a lot of 1980’s music and a few odd ones from the last 10 years or so plus a few odd balls! I guess I just dated myself? LOL 🙂
What are your favorite songs/groups? Please leave me a comment with a few favorites from either ‘back in the day’ and/or new songs from the last few years! Can’t wait to see yours and who knows maybe I will add them to my lists or maybe you will add some of mine to yours?